Happy Halloween from Miami and welcome to our new blog section "Tasty Tuesday". Today treat yourself to your favorite Halloween treat and don't worry about the calories because tomorrow is a brand new day. This Halloween indulge in our favorite DIY recipes. You can do this easy recipes in a matter of minutes and give them away to the trick-or-treaters. Read below as we spill our Halloween secrets.
DIY Halloween Recipes
Boo-tiful Halloween Jello Cups
- Add boiling water to jelly powder in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir 3 to 5 min. or until jelly is thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Whisk in 1/3 cup Cool Whip until blended. Pour into 4 dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate 30 min. or until firm.
- Drop remaining Cool Whip by spoonfuls onto desserts to resemble ghosts. Add chocolate chips for the eyes.
Halloween Oreo Brownie Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 14" Pizza Pan.
- Crush 20 oreos and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add brownie mix, oil, water and eggs. Mix well until combined. Fold in crushed oreos.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Crush 8 oreos.
- Remove brownie from oven and sprinkle with crushed oreos, m&ms and candy corn. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Makes 12-16 slices.
Halloween Peanut Butter Spider Cookies Recipes
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Form into 1" balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately, gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie and move to wire rack to cool.
- After placing and moving all of the cookies on the wire rack, put in place the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow cookies to firm.
- Put chocolate chips in the corner of zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, knead and repeat until chocolate has melted.
- Clip tiny piece off of the corner of bag to allow for piping and draw eight legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.