Fitness models are some of the most beautiful, toned, sexy women on earth. It's only natural that women who are trying to lose weight would look to them for inspiration, and many would also like to know what a typical fitness model diet consists of. You may think that any diet they follow would be extreme, but eating healthy doesn't have to be difficult.
The fact is that millions of people who desire to be a model, don't have a solid plan or the discipline to give it what it takes. There are all kinds of shortcuts including weight loss pills of almost every color and size that promise to burn fat, and have you in tip top form in days. That's nonsense - and if you start buying them, you will have exactly that - no cents left.
The fоur fооdѕ groups thаt top body buildеrѕ ѕwеаr by оffеr a variety оf сhоiсеѕ tо put thе fun оf еаting in and tаkе the boredom out. Thоѕе tор natural fооd categories include lean рrоtеin, fruits, starchy аnd whоlе grаinѕ, and vеgеtаblеѕ. You can build uр a dеliсiоuѕ mеnu frоm a number оf сhоiсеѕ thаt will inсrеаѕе уоur еаting pleasure and gеt rid of a bоring diet.
Some fitness models tend to avoid specific things like dairy, others don't follow a diet and just eat whatever they want in small (mice sized) servings. While it is not compulsory to eat these foods to achieve the same results, you would achieve results a lot faster if you did eat these foods regularly without cheating. A good and probably the most realistic dieting plan that incorporates elements of many fitness models' diets are as follows:
Fitness Model Meal Plan
- Eat clean - no processed foods or trans-fats or diet drinks. Organic if you can afford it. To keep body fat to a low percentage, eat a high protein, low carb, and low fat diet. Although it's a good rule of thumb to eat everything in moderation, if you follow these guidelines, you can lose excess fat fairly quickly. Some examples of lean protein would be chicken, turkey, fish, egg whites, and protein shakes. Good carbs to include in your diet could be oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and rice. Nuts & Rice Cakes - for those crunch cravings.
- Eat generally healthy food and drink plenty of water to metabolize your protein - Veggies should be a big part of any diet, but watch what you put on your vegetables. Steaming is best to keep the nutrients in your greens. Large salads with light dressing will help to fill you up with fewer calories. Green granny smith apples - great for eliminating hunger, high in fibre.
- Never skip meals - break your food down into as many small meals as possible. Most fitness models eat five or six small meals a day. This may sound like a lot, but eating like this keeps your metabolism burning calories and keeps you from feeling hungry between meals. If you think you're eating too much, pay close attention to your portion sizes and how you feel after you eat. You should never have that stuffed feeling.
- Alcohol should be avoided for the most part, but it's okay to have a glass of wine with your dinner once or twice a week. Most people find that alcohol will lower their self-control, and they may find themselves eating things they hadn't planned on
- Measure everything - invest in an accurate food scale and track each ounce of food in your food diary. Count calories consumed and calories burned.
- Watch your carbs at night. Don't eat after 8pm, or 3 hours before bedtime.
- Stick with the food pyramid but adjust it based on your goals.
A typical fitness model diet is not so different than any other healthy eating plan you may find. Closer to competition time, fitness models may cut their intake of carbs even more, but during the off season, their diet should be easy to follow.
For better results check our detox program here.