But when we finally see the light, it's strawberry fields forever. - Gossip Girl
Strawberry season in Florida runs from December through March and it is the best time to go strawberry picking with your friends and family. Strawberries have many health benefits, which includes boosting your immune system, preventing heart diseases and reducing cholesterol, helping maintain normal blood pressure and reducing risks of eye related ailments.
The team at Bikini Luxe visited Knaus Berry Farm last weekend and picked up the freshest and juiciest strawberries. The farm offers strawberry milkshakes and delicious cinnamon rolls. There are so many things you can do with a pound of strawberries and we have gathered the best healthy recipes to celebrate strawberry season. With Valentine's day around the corner, it is time to get creative with these incredible tips.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This is a classic recipe and easy to make. All you need is 2 cups of frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 cup of ice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Add everything into the blender and don't forget to decorate your glass with fresh strawberries.
Strawberry Walnut Salad
In a bowl mix 5 ounces of spring mix lettuce, 1 cup of sliced strawberries, 6 tablespoons of feta cheese, and 6 tablespoons of walnuts. Drizzle with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing. This is a perfect side dish or serve as a starter.
Strawberry and Yogurt Parfait
This is a fresh recipe and perfect for breakfast. All you need is greek yogurt, 3 ounces of sliced strawberries and crunchy granola. Pack the parfait in a mason jar and put strawberry layers. Top it with crunchy granola and drizzle with honey. You can eat this meal after a workout.
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
This is a fun breakfast meal to maintain your cholesterol levels low and for boss babes with a busy schedule. For this vegan recipe all you need is half a cup of rolled nuts, 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, 1 medium banana, 1 cup of strawberries, and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Mix everything in a mason jar, cover it and let it sit overnight in the fridge. Next morning you will have a ready-to-go breakfast.
Vegan Strawberry Pancakes
A lazy Sunday calls for a breakfast in bed. The best recipe to enjoy your Netflix binging morning is a strawberry vegan pancakes. Follow the recipe below.
- Combine the first 5 (dry) ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together well.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the nondairy milk and syrup. Stir until thoroughly combined, but don't overbeat. If the batter seems too thick, add a little more nondairy milk.
- Reserve ½ cup of the sliced strawberries for garnish, then gently stir in the rest.
- Heat a nonstick griddle, and once it's hot, spread just enough vegan buttery spread to coat the surface.
- Drop the batter on it in ¼ cup portions. Make sure that the strawberries are in a single layer so that the batter gets cooked through. The batter should be of a consistency that allows it to spread into 3- to 4-inch pancakes. Cook over medium heat on both sides until golden brown.
- Keep the pancakes warm in a covered casserole dish (put them in a 250 degree F. oven if you'd like) until all are done. Serve warm with maple syrup.
For more health-related articles read our latest post on "Learn the Golden Secrets to a Healthy Lifestyle by Jesse Golden"