1.) Try A New Recipe Halfway Through The Week. Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken Does The Trick!
Who says you can only take "me" time over the weekend? The best way to get out of a rut is to try something new, and who doesn't love a delicious new recipe? We tried this easy to recreate recipe, and are happy to inform you it was fabulous! We broke out of our usual coconut oil and fish routine, and traded for butter and chicken thighs. Yum! You may need to make a pit stop at your local grocery store, but it's totally worth it to spice up your boring old dinner routine. A tantalizing combination of golden brown chicken thighs, creamy baby spinach, and a good movie on Netflix is all you need for a mid week pick me up.
Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
Here's what you need:
6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 Tbsp. paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Parmesan
2 cups baby spinach
1. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and paprika.
2. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown. Drain excess fat and set aside.
3. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in the skillet. Add garlic, stir until fragrant, then add chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, thyme, and stir. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
4. Stir in spinach, simmer until spinach has wilted and the sauce has thickened. Return chicken to the skillet.
5. Bake at 400˚F / 200˚C for 25 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
*By Tasty - Buzzfeed Video